We are looking for a highly creative marketing Content Manager to develop patient-facing content for marketing services. We are seeking someone who will work closely with leadership and subject matter experts to develop a content strategy for marketing services, has exceptional written and oral communication skills and acute attention to detail.
The Content Manager will develop and plan editorial calendars and write engaging patient-facing content for websites, blog articles, and social media. Working closely with the SEO Manager on the Marketing Services team, the Content Manager will optimize content for search and review content performance metrics in client Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Business Profiles.
The Content Manager will be responsible for producing engaging, clear text for websites, blog articles and social media. Duties include researching keywords, producing interesting written content, and proofreading work for accuracy and quality. This role is highly collaborative and will require working with the marketing services team, including Website Designer and Front-End Developer, SEO Manager, Marketing Services Consultant, and Assoc. Director, Marketing Services to plan and execute responsibilities.
- Partner with Digital Marketing Services Consultant to define and develop customized content to meet the business needs of the private practice.
- Develop and maintain the content plan, own and manage content maintenance plan to ensure content supports strategy.
- Manage the content library for IDOC websites and social media.
- Curate source content.
- Publish content in automated workflow and recommend workflow process enhancements.
- Provide direction on digital content best practices and edit content authored by others, as needed.
- Write landing page copy and articles about optometric services, including clinical and optical products, for new builds of practice websites.
- Based on client marketing priorities, develop editorial calendars for blog articles by client, and write monthly blog articles for each Web & Search and Digital Media client to be optimized by SEO Manager for inclusion on practice websites.
- Draft client-specific “about us” copy and reformat O.D. bios and staff bios copy for tone.
- Write compelling business descriptions as part of the optimization of Google Business Profiles for Web & Search and Digital Media clients.
- Write social media post copy for IDOC Social Media and IDOC Digital Media clients in the following categories: eye care and eye disease awareness, optical-focused social media posts, specialty services, seasonal posts, and practice-specific post copy, such as doctor and staff spotlights.
- Add copy to content libraries in Sendible for use by the Social Media Specialists.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and how to write SEO-friendly content.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with Social Media publishing and reporting tools.
- Ability to independently manage and move projects forward.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-driven.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Basic/Familiarity with WordPress, HTML, Graphic Design, and Social Media platforms. Social media or content marketing experience a plus.
- Adept at learning web-based tools.