Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
At IDOC, "we empower independent owners to live the practice of their dreams." IDOC employees go to work every day with this "Why" as their motivation. Every role at IDOC is critical in helping to make our Members’ dreams become a reality. The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will have a broad range of responsibilities involving ensuring that company assets are protected, monthly closings are accurate, and financial resources are optimally deployed. The position will also lead the annual budget and periodic forecasts process in concert with management, supporting management in establishing and achieving business objectives and developing action plans to support the company’s growth objectives. This role also provides analytical support to the organization by providing insights on current financial performance, risks and opportunities.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for assisting in the management of the following:
- Lead the Budgeting and Forecasting processes, including the Annual Budget, Monthly Operating and Cash Flow Forecasting.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, capital expenditures, reserves and cash flows, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Participate in cross-functional efforts within Finance and Operations to improve systems, reporting, planning, and analysis capabilities. Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support strategic decisions.
- Oversee and manage the Accounting department functions, including budget and forecast development, payroll, tax provision calculations, balance sheet and cash flow statement development, Member invoicing, and month-close and year-end processes.
- Collaborate with outside audit/tax firms and own financial audits and provide recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Manage and coordinate quarterly tax planning and filings.
- Lead all budgeting, forecasting initiatives throughout the various business entities, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, providing budget to actual analysis.
- Develop, improve, and issue timely monthly financial records. Effectively communicate the financial results to each department leader.
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting processes, communicating guidelines and timelines, crafting, and maintaining budget templates, providing training, consolidating, and preparing presentation materials for leadership.
- Strengthen, document, and disseminate financial planning and analysis processes and standard methodologies, and contribute to the development and strengthening of organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Guide discussions with business leaders, functional leaders, and the senior leadership team to understand and optimize business performance.
- Provide expertise to help assess the needs of teams across the organization related to financial management and build resources, tools, and activities to further develop those skills.
- Work with the VP, FP&A to assist in the development of a strategy and plan for the various business units which includes strategic and transformational projects to drive continual automation and work reduction tools and processes to support effective and accurate financial planning across the organization.
- Other duties in support of the internal Finance team and as required and advised by the VP of FP&A. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in a financial/accounting role.
- CPA required.
- Financial statement knowledge and understanding of US GAAP.
- Experienced in leading audits, advanced account reconciliation, financial statement preparation (including multi entity consolidation) and budget reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate financial and operating trends as well as the financial impact of new opportunities.
- Ability to meet deadlines including month-end close timeline schedules.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (strong Excel and PowerPoint a must).
- Detail oriented, proactive multi-tasker.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills..
- Ability to be flexible and work with different functions within the company.
- Ability to communicate confidently with members of senior management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- People management experience preferred.