As the company’s Practice Development Leader
, you’ll lead a team of Practice Development Managers to provide
exceptional service to existing members and grow new membership enrollment in an assigned region. Primary
responsibilities will also center around new business development and account management, as you expand the
company’s network of practices and drive the team to meet membership goals.
You’re skilled in sales tactics, lead management and content presentation. Your ability to form and strengthen
relationships inside and outside the organization blends perfectly with the company’s “people first, always” mindset.
You earn confidence and trust by building those relationships on honesty, integrity and authenticity. You see the value
and effectiveness of collaboration even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear. And you are an
innovative, creative and adaptive thinker with a healthy dose judgement and pragmatism.
- Manage and coach Practice Development Managers (PDMs) to maximize membership growth, vendor utilization and utilization of service offerings.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to foster positive work environment of shared goals, improving sales productivity, knowledge sharing, and operational efficiencies.
- Communicate business goals and priorities to maximize individual and team performance.
- Oversee team interactions and engagement with members to understand unmet needs, analyze membership trends and recommend solutions and services.
- Utilize strong business relationships from current membership to drive member referrals.
- Maximize vendor relationships through deep understanding of products and programs and to gain referrals for new memberships and service clients.
- Maintain an understanding of the optometry industry by staying informed of trends, competitors, state regulations, etc.
- Ensure the use of Provident and HubSpot CRM database systems.
- Identify, pursue, and close independent optometric practices (prospects) for new company memberships and service clients using a variety of sales techniques including networking with existing membership base and soft lead generation.
- Ensure self & team communicates member value proposition through in-person and electronic communications.
- Develop, maintain and leverage relationships with current members, prospects, vendor partners and local/state industry contacts to generate referrals.
Your Education & Experience
- Manage day-to-day interactions and engagement with existing member accounts; analyze business, conduct account reviews, provide solutions, resolve issues, increase vendor programs and engagement, upsell membership plans (if warranted), and serve as an extension of the member’s business.
- Examine current member accounts for unmet needs, and service deficiencies to provide recommended solutions and drive referrals.
- Complete all administrative duties including expense submission, travel planning, and more as required or directed.
- 5+ years sales supervisory experience required; optical experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Notes), HubSpot (or similar sales and CRM databases) and other data analytics tools is a plus.
Approximately 30% travel required, including participation with company national, regional and local events, optical industry national and regional events, and state association conferences.