Do you want to build a career with a high-energy, fast-paced environment with other talented people? Do work that matters with a management team that is committed to your success. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring the opportunities. Complete the form below to get started. We look forward to connecting.
Associate AccountantROLE SUMMARY
The Jr. Accountant will provide support to the Finance and Accounting organization at IDOC, which includes reconciling accounts, preparing reports, manage incoming payments on behalf of IDOC, manage outgoing bills and invoices on behalf of IDOC, post journal entries proposed by the Sr. Accountant. This position will require excellent judgment, meticulous attention to details, strong problem-solving skills and Excel functions/formulas. The person in this role may be asked to deliver under tight deadlines and must demonstrate agility and creative solution-finding in a highly productive, exciting, and dynamic environment.
- Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts
- Prepare invoices and posting payments to customers’ accounts
- Prepare reports and following up on delinquent accounts
- Update and maintaining records of expenditures
- Ensure that all payments are made in accordance with company policy
- Ensure that all payments are sent timely
- Resolve payment discrepancies
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures
- Other jobs & duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-3+ years of business finance
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Highly analytical and strong data gathering skills
- Competency with Accounting software packages
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Office ManagerROLE SUMMARY
The Office Manager will provide a wide range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the IDOC office, to include remote office support. This role will also serve as support to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) at IDOC, enabling that team to operate efficiently and effectively. This position will require excellent judgement and thorough knowledge of Company operations, policies, and procedures. The role will handle details of highly confidential information and critical in nature. The person in this role may be asked to deliver under tight deadlines and must demonstrate agility and creative solution-finding in a highly productive, exciting, and dynamic environment. As the Office Manager, you’ll be the heart and soul of IDOC. You love running a tight ship and are constantly looking to improve processes. You have a passion for people and have a keen ability to build relationships, influence, engage, and manage expectations. You’re confident in supporting senior leadership and coordinating schedules to make sure everything runs smoothly.
RESPONSIBILITIESExecutive Leadership Support
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), including, but not limited to, answering incoming calls, making travel arrangements, coordination and setup for meetings, calendar and appointment maintenance, expense reporting, preparing presentation materials, etc.
- Handle restaurant reservations for the ELT and for/with vendors, pre-board meeting dinners, etc.
- Liaise with various internal and external parties, including clients and vendors; exercise sound judgement and discretion in dealing with highly confidential/sensitive business matters.
- Responsible for scheduling IDOC external board meetings and preparation of materials related to board meetings; administrative point of contact for board members.
- Responsible for daily office management duties including answering main line and directing calls, greeting clients and vendors, and assisting with managing conference room calendar availability.
- Management of day-to-day running of the office, ensuring the office looks tidy, presentable, and on brand at all times.
- Coordinate/provide office support for all staff located in Norwalk, CT and remote office staff; coordinate office moves and supplies/equipment procurement.
- Ensure office equipment is in working order and contact vendor partners to arrange for service and repairs as needed.
- Main point of contact for Empire State Realty (building owner) for requests, issues, etc.
- Draft and send out staff communications about company events and updates.
- Partner with ELT on PowerPoint presentations; ensure presentations are on brand; manage the logistics of collecting and consolidating presentations for larger town hall and all-hands meetings.
- Ensure seamless technology support for employees by connecting with internal managed IT service provider.
- Own and manage the administration of the IT software employee access program, to include the on-boarding and off-boarding of employees.
- Partner with IT & phone vendors on upgrades to infrastructure and systemwide outages/issues.
- Support the HR team in building a great culture, helping to organize teambuilding events, volunteer activities, speaker presentations, training events, and wellness activities.
- Provide exceptional candidate experience for those interviewing and visiting the site.
- Partner with HR team on on-boarding program to ensure new hires have a great experience.
- Coordinate gift giving efforts for IDOC employees acknowledging family life events; coordinate appreciation dinners and “thank you” gifts for employees.
- Demonstrate the temperament and ability to handle a wide variety of tasks.
- 5+ years’ experience in a support role required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time management skills, strong decision-making ability (anticipating any possible needs relating to rescheduling of activities and travel arrangements), and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong calendar management skills.
- Well organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient while maintaining professionalism always.
- Inclination for learning new systems and applications a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Technologically savvy – good working knowledge of IT/Phone set-up processes.
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Practice Development ManagerROLE SUMMARY
At IDOC, "we empower independent owners to live the practice of their dreams." – IDOC employees go to work every day with this "Why" as their motivation. IDOC is expanding and looking for a Territory Business Manager (TBM) to provide exceptional service to independent optometrist members within a defined territory and grow new membership enrollment. Role responsibilities are primarily accomplished through phone-based prospecting and account management.
The right candidate will expand the IDOC network through outreach to potential new independent optometric practices and working to close qualified leads through our robust marketing strategy as well as develop new leads through an expansive network of existing members and vendor support. The TBM will acquire, onboard, and provide ongoing service to members within a defined territory. Core responsibilities will entail meeting membership growth goals for current member engagement and achieving new member growth targets.
- Identify, pursue, and close Independent Optometric Practices (prospects) for new IDOC membership using a variety of sales techniques including networking with existing membership base and through soft lead generation.
- Develop, maintain, and leverage relationships with current members, Independent Optometry Business Owners (prospects), vendor partners, and local/state industry contacts within the territory to generate referrals.
- Communicate proposed value proposition for services through sales presentations and electronic communications to referral sources.
- Manage day-to-day interactions and engagement with existing member accounts; analyze business, conduct account reviews, provide solutions, resolve issues, increase vendor programs and engagement, upsell membership plans (if warranted), and serve as an extension of member’s business.
- Examine current member accounts for unmet needs and service deficiencies to provide recommended solutions and driving referrals.
- Gain additional referrals as a result of building strong business relationships from current membership base.
- Develop, expand, and leverage vendor relationships; through deep understanding of products and programs and to gain referrals for new memberships as an expected outcome.
- Demonstrate understanding of the independent optometry industry; stay well-informed on trends, competitors, state regulations, and managed care environment.
- Collaborate with IDOC departments and team members; professional affairs, marketing, consulting, accounting, etc.
- Foster team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information in order to optimize overall team sales strategies.
- Use, leverage and maintain Provident and HubSpot CRM database systems for members and prospects.
- Complete all administrative duties including expense submission, travel planning, and more as required or directed.
- 5+ years sales experience required; optical experience a plus.
- 7+ sales plus optical experience required for remote work.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, SQL, Tableau, HubSpot (or similar Sales & CRM databases) and other data analytics tools, a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing key decision makers to buy in on a project or plan of action.
- Energy and focus to be goals and results oriented.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a close team environment, self-starter.
- Approximately 20% travel required, including but not limited to participation with IDOC National, Regional, and Local Events, Optical Industry National and Regional Events, and State Association Conferences.
- Team-oriented and "People First, Always" mindset.
- Kind, humble, and respectful attitude with a strong desire to serve others that supports our value of "Service at Our Core".
- High level of influencing skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter, self-reliant, flexible, and resilient; high level of self-motivation.
- Applies critical thinking, logic and reasoning to identify solutions.
- Works well both independently and as a team to define processes, coordinate work, and manage communications across the business.
- Resourceful with ability to troubleshoot and think independently and proactively, be solutions oriented with the ability to resolve conflict.
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.