At IDOC, "we empower independent owners to live the practice of their dreams." IDOC employees go to work every day with this “Why” as their motivation. The regional Practice Development Leader (PDL) will lead a team of Practice Development Managers (PDMs) to provide exceptional service to our existing members and grow new membership enrollment in an assigned region. In addition to supervising the PDM team, individual responsibilities will include new business development and account management deliverables.
To be successful in this role, the PDL will expand the IDOC network through outreach to potential new independent optometric practices and working to close qualifies leads through our robust marketing strategy as well as develop new leads through an expansive network of existing members and vendor support. This role will be accountable for the Membership Team meeting membership growth goals for current member engagement and achieving new member growth goals as well as increasing current membership engagement through vendor participation and service offerings.
- Manage and coach Practice Development Managers (PDMs) to maximize membership growth, vendor utilization and utilization of service offerings.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to foster positive work environment of shared goals, improving sales productivity, knowledge sharing, and operational efficiencies.
- Communicate business goals and priorities to maximize individual and team performance.
- Oversee team interactions and engagement with members to understand unmet needs, analyze membership trends and recommend solutions and services.
- Utilize strong business relationships from current membership to drive member referrals.
- Maximize vendor relationships through deep understanding of products and programs and to gain referrals for new memberships and service clients.
- Maintain an understanding of the optometry industry by staying informed of trends, competitors, state regulations, etc.
- Ensure the use of Provident and HubSpot CRM database systems.
- Identify, pursue, and close independent optometric practices (prospects) for new company memberships and service clients using a variety of sales techniques including networking with existing membership base and soft lead generation.
- Ensure self & team communicates member value proposition through in-person and electronic communications.
- Develop, maintain and leverage relationships with current members, prospects, vendor partners and local/state industry contacts to generate referrals.
- Manage day-to-day interactions and engagement with existing member accounts; analyze business, conduct account reviews, provide solutions, resolve issues, increase vendor programs and engagement, upsell membership plans (if warranted), and serve as an extension of the member’s business.
- Examine current member accounts for unmet needs, and service deficiencies to provide recommended solutions and drive referrals.
- Complete all administrative duties including expense submission, travel planning, and more as required or directed.
- 5+ years sales supervisory experience required; optical experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Notes), HubSpot (or similar sales and CRM databases) and other data analytics tools is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing key decision makers to buy in on a project or plan of action.
- Energetic and focused self-starter that is goal/results oriented.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a close team environment.
- Approximately 30% travel required, including, but not limited to, participation with IDOC National, Regional, and Local Events, Optical Industry National and Regional Events, and State Association Conferences.