As a Social Media and Content Specialist
at IDOC, you will work directly with optometrists to create custom content for their social media channels to educate their followers on eye care, increase demand for their frames, lenses, sunglasses and contact lenses, and engage them with practice-specific updates. You are creative, energetic, detail-oriented, and passionate about small business marketing, eyecare marketing or both. You have at least 3 years’ experience working with clients on social media content creation from start to finish, including media planning, performance tracking, and performance reporting. Marketing agency and/or eyecare marketing experience is a plus!
Your ability to form and strengthen relationships both inside and outside the organization blends perfectly with our “people first, always” mindset. You earn confidence and trust by building those relationships on honesty, integrity, and authenticity. Working independently is comfortable for you, but you understand that we are often “better together”, and you value collaboration. Service is our core value, and your friendly and respectful attitude align perfectly with our company.
Social Media Manager Responsibilities
Consulting and Overall Responsibilities
- Build and manage a client base of 75-100 practices and will create custom social media content for Facebook and Instagram for each client.
- Work with each client to customize social media content design and approach based on their brand style guide and brand characteristics.
- Post 3 times a week for the practice. Posts will be in three categories: products of vendor partners, eye education (e.g. dry eye, proper use of contact lenses) and practice specific posts (e.g. trunk show, new Associate OD).
- Use the Sendible platform to post content and track performance.
- Access various “libraries” either directly at the vendor sites OR created by IDOC to gather and use vendor materials. (E.g. Alcon contacts, Safilo frames, etc.)
- Will meet with individual clients to review social media performance and plan upcoming campaigns.
- Communicate best practices to IDOC members who seek Marketing advice/consultations on social media, to include promotional strategies, branding, and content.
- Advise on strategies for Marketing best practice that are customized for each members’ practice.
- Advise members and their staff in the implementation of new Marketing strategies and tactics.
- Obtain referrals for leads from current members to grow the social media program.
- Properly document member interactions in IDOC’s operating system; include system reminders for follow-up with members on project deadlines.
- All other responsibilities and/or other related duties as assigned.
- 3 - 5+ years’ experience in marketing
- Bachelor's degree required; Marketing concentration preferred
- Experience with Canva preferred, experience with Sendible a plus
- Experience in eyecare marketing and/or marketing agency a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products to include Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Self-starter and results-driven mentality. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time management skills, strong decision-making ability, and excellent attention to detail
- Well organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, identifying important, meaningful information and advising members on solutions
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking, ability to identify new opportunities, develop new ways of working, pinpoint solutions to problems and overcome obstacles
- Ability to work in a matrix environment; proven ability to build and maintain relationships and work in a team environment
- Travel requirement – 10%