IDOC is expanding and looking for a Practice Development Manager to provide exceptional service to
independent optometrist members within a defined territory and grow new membership enrollment and nurture
the existing member relationships. Role responsibilities are primarily accomplished through phone-based
prospecting and account management.
Your ability to form and strengthen relationships inside and outside the organization blends perfectly with IDOC’s
"people first, always" mindset. You earn confidence and trust by building those relationships on honesty, integrity
and authenticity. And you’re able to leverage relationships of all types to generate valuable referrals. Like us, you
understand what it truly means to be “better together” by seeing the value and effectiveness of collaboration,
even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear. And even when working on your own, you’re
driven to meet your commitments, focus on solutions, and help others succeed.
- Identify, pursue, and close independent optometric practices (prospects) for new memberships using a variety of sales techniques including networking with existing membership base and through soft lead generation.
- Develop, maintain, and leverage relationships with current members, independent optometry business owners, vendor partners and local/state industry contacts within the territory to generate referrals.
- Communicate proposed value proposition for services through sales presentations and electronic communications to referral sources.
- Manage day-to-day interactions and engagement with existing member accounts; analyze business, conduct account reviews, provide solutions, resolve issues, increase vendor programs and engagement, upsell membership plans (if warranted), and serve as an extension of member’s business.
- Examine current member accounts for unmet needs, and service deficiencies to provide recommended solutions and drive referrals.
- Gain additional referrals by building strong business relationships from current membership base.
- Develop, expand and leverage vendor relationships through deep understanding of products and programs, and gain referrals for new memberships.
- Demonstrate understanding of the independent optometry industry; stay well-informed on trends, competitors, state regulations, and managed care environment.
- Collaborate with company departments and team members in professional affairs, marketing, consulting, accounting, etc.
- Foster team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience and information in order to optimize overall team sales strategies.
- Use, leverage and maintain Provident and HubSpot CRM database systems for members and prospects.
- Complete administrative duties, including expense submission, travel planning, and more as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
Your Experience & Knowledge
- 5+ years’ sales experience required; optical experience a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, HubSpot (or similar Sales & CRM databases) and other data analytics tools a plus